I am still trying to install Debian on my Compaq laptop using floppies.  When
I copy the root directory from the rescue disk, everything is fine. However,
when I try to copy the kernel from the rescue disk, it says "Wrong floppy, use
the rescue disk".

I have made several copies of the rescue disk onto different floppies. This is
after downloading it using ftp to DOS. I Rawrite2 it to a blank, dos formated
floppy. I checked the directory on the disk, and it seems complete, but I'm
not sure what all should be on there. I have also tried various labels for the
disk (i.e. rescue, resc, rescdisk, etc.). The installation program just won't
recognize it.

Thanks everyone for your help with my other problem.

SP