I'm having fun here :)

I've got the system setup to handle my ISP almost perfectly (still am
having a problem with fetchmail not responding to all requests properly),
now I've got a problem with the network at home.

I installed Debian telling it that I was on a network (the home network,
two machines, nothing fancy), and yet I seem to be unable to talk to the
other machine.

This is the response I get from SMBCLIENT :
Added interface ip=192.168.0.1 bcast=192.168.0.255 nmask=255.255.255.0
startlmhosts: Can't open lmhosts file /etc/lmhosts. Error was No such file
or directory
error connecting to 192.168.0.11:139 (No route to host)

Now I've tried looking for a reference to /etc/lmhosts in the Samba
documentation, and no help there - nothing in reference documentation
about that file.

I get a response from the Win95 machine (when trying to telnet to the
linux box) of Host not found or some such nonsense.  The Win95 Machine is
setup to connect to it correctly (at least as far as I am able to
determine it is).

Thanks in Advance,
        Peter Ludwig