David Webster writes:
>Went ahead and changed my kernel to remove the OSS stuff and loaded the
>es1370 directly into the kernel (no module).  The driver loads just fine
>and detects the card but does not creat a /dev/dsp device.  I have a
>simple text base media player (bplay) and, of course it complains about
>no /dev/dsp file. ????

Oh, one more thing! Have you tried other sound players? For example
'play' in the sox package. Maybe bplay plays by piping to /dev/dsp
(which seems absurd but not impossible). That is not supported by the
driver, at least with some types of audio data (if you need it, you
could always bug [EMAIL PROTECTED] about it.

--
-~* Daniel Elenius *~-