Hi.

I have been using X11/Fvwm95 with the default Debian color settings for
some time now. Recently, apparently out of the blue, the server has begun
failing to allocate some of the default colors - the most obvious being
the dark cyan background and the Fvwm pager.

I am also currently using up-to-date (Hamm-wise and security-wise)
distributions.

What I have tried:

Purge and reinstalled Fvwm-common, Fvwm95, xbase, and all
the servers.

Tested various changes to XF86Config and also rebuilt.

Upgraded to and compiled a new kernel 2.0.36 (Because I wanted to anyway).

Cleaned and seated the video card in a different slot.

My video setup:

Cirrus Logic 5428 - 1024k RAM
XF86_SVGA server
Only run at 800x600 - 8 bpp - 256 colors.

If you could point me in any useful direction it would be much
appreciated.

Regards,

Terry.