I have sunsite mounted via nfs on sunsite.doc.ic.ac.uk

I've lost the connection to sunsite (network problems elsewhere in the
university), but whenever mcv21 tries to do anything that involves running
a shell, I just get the error

nfs: task 358 <the number varies> can't get a request slot

and the thing just hangs: root can call up shells fine tho. The load is
steadily rising as well. It's now about 8 :(. Any ideas? will unmounting
/sunsite do anything, or will I just get a /sunsite: device busy message?

Matthew

--
Elen sila lumenn' omentielvo

Selwyn College Computer Support