Hello all,

I seem to be lost on this issue, but here goes.  I am running a mostly slink
system with a 2.2.1 kernel.  How do I enable port forwarding with this setup?

I have the kernel built correctly, (I believe), so I am not concerned in that
area.  My question has to do with the tool(s) used to manage the port
forwarding.  It looks like the ipportfw tool only works with a kernel < 2.1.90.
I have read that the tool I am looking for is called ipmasqadm, found at:

http://juanjox.linuxhq.com/

I have found the RH RPM at this site, along with the source code for this tool.
 My first try at compiling and installing was unsuccessful.  (I have not put too

much effort into this approach yet).

Questions:

1- Am I on the right track with the ipmasqadm?

2- Is there a .deb out there for ipmasqadm?

3- If not, would I be better off using alien and the .rpm route or compiling my
own install?

I have searched the Debian site and found this similar question asked twice in
recent months.  In both cases, I was not able to find answers to these questions

on the list.

Thanks for your considerations,

--Bill

This mail sent through IMP: http://web.horde.org/imp/