Hello Jinsong,

Sunday, March 07, 1999, you wrote:

JZ> I bought a set of the Logitech cordless Desktop. It contains a
JZ> wireless keyboard and a wireless mouse. The mouse has two buttons and
JZ> a wheel in the middle. According to the user manual, the wheel may
JZ> serve as the third button (in Windows), although the main purpose is
JZ> for Windows Scroll.

JZ> I set the ChordMiddle in XF86Config. Then run xev to see the
JZ> effects. Push the wheel yields no event.

JZ> The only option for me now is to use the emulate. But it is awkard, if
JZ> you know what I mean.

JZ> Is there any setup for X to recognize the wheel as the third button?
JZ> Thanks.

JZ> Jinsong

JZ> --

There is a cute little package you can install that will give you
scroll mouse support. I have installed it myself to support my
Logitech mouse, and scrolling windows works fine for me now.

Go to:

http://solaris1.mysolution.com/~jcatki/imwheel/

I am a Debian/Linux newbie and managed to get this one running without
problems whatsoever.

Hope this works for you :)

//Christian

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.bigfoot.com/~cdysthe

"If everything is coming your way, you are probably
in the wrong lane"