Hello Debian-user,

  this might be a stupid newbie question, but I have really tried to
  figure out how to do this.

  I would like the clock in my X-window environment to show my local
  time, not GMT/UTC. When I type in "date" I get my local time, when I type
  in "date -u" I get GMT, but how do I get a clock on
  my desktop to show local time? It now shows GMTm, which now is 6
  hours ahead of me since I am located US CST. I have the
  understanding the kernel clock is to be set to GMT. Is this right?

//Christian

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.bigfoot.com/~cdysthe

"If everything is coming your way, you are probably
in the wrong lane"