hello,

i did just upgrade my laptop to potato, noticed that an old 2.2.1 kernel was
running and launched compile...

but it aborted with the message:
erm7:/usr/src/linux# make-kpkg binary
(cd debian/tmp-source/usr/src/; tar zcf kernel-source-2.2.3.tar.gz
kernel-source-2.2.3;\
            rm -rf kernel-source-2.2.3;)
dpkg-gencontrol -isp -pkernel-source-2.2.3 -Pdebian/tmp-source/
dpkg-gencontrol: error: package kernel-source-2.2.3 not in control info
make: *** [stamp-source] Error 29

strange enough on my workstation beneath (which has exactly the same
sources.list, and was updated at the very same time) the 'make-kpkg binary'
still runs...

Workstation is a PPro200, Laptop is a PII-233...

any hint on what's going wronf and how to resolve? (meaning using the debian
kernel package...)

ciao
bboett
acount at earthling net
http://erm6.u-strasbg.fr/~bboett
Unsolicited commercial email is NOT welcome at this email address
To contact me replace acount by bboett in above addresses