Folks:

I installed Slink on my system but had not installed LILO
to make it bootable directly from the HD. Someone swiped the
boot disk.

Question:  Is it possible, given the contents of the /etc/fstab
file and a knowledge of where the  kernel is located
(/boot/vmlinuz-2.036) to run LILO from a boot disk -- say
"Tom's Unix on a floppy" and make the floppy boot the kernel
on the hard disk?

If it is possible, would some kind soul please tell me how to
do this feat.

(Mea Culpa: I well understand the importance of duplicating
the boot disk. I didn't do it this time and I have a Windows
98 only machine as retribution.)

My machine has:

        126 Meg RAM
        100 MHz motherboard
        K6 2-350
        512 K cache
        9.? Gig ide HD
        1.4 floppy
        Yamaha sound card
        SiS 6326 8M AGP video
        KDE 17" monitor
        3Com509 net card

Many thanks to all who support us in the trenches.

--David Teague [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Debian GNU/Linux Becuase software crashes should not be the norm.
                 Reboots are for hardware and kernel updates.