On Sat, 13 Mar 1999, Mark Wagnon wrote:

> I have couple of questions about upgrading my kernel to 2.2.3.
>
> I downloaded the full source and went through all the steps to compile,
> but when I rebooted I received an error telling me that modules.dep was
> empty. I took a look at /lib/modules/2.2.3/modules.dep and yep, it's
> empty. I looked at the modules.dep file under my 2.0.34 directory and it
> looks like this file tells where all the modules are.
>
> Since mine is empty, where can I find a replacement, or how do I get it
> populated?

I also noticed this when I first started compiling kernels, and soon found
out that the computer automatically made modules.dep on boot.  I don't
know what makes it or how.  It just does..
Anyone know what package/program does this ?

Roy
--
#### Unsolicited commercial email with be billed at $350/message ####
Roy Larsen, [EMAIL PROTECTED]