How do I list the total size of all files in a directory
in bytes (not including ./ and ../)?

How do I list the total size of a directory recursively
showing total bytes, number of sub directories and
number of files without actually listing them all like
ls -R, which does not list the grand total.  I just
want a summary.

How do I mount a partition manually with the same permissions
that are specified in /etc/fstab

/dev/hda2   /dosc   vfat    defaults,umask=002,uid=0,gid=101

Which allows me write permission on my vfat partition as a
regular user.  I know this is in the mount manpage but I can't
can't get the syntax right.  I wish the manpages had more
examples.

Thank You,
David Densmore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>