At 3/14/99 5:20:00 PM, you wrote:

>Below is what you could use for isapnp.conf. I've cut all the parts that
>are not needed. Also, base 530 is not supported by your card, because
>there is no entry in the isapnp for it.

This is one of the questions in the sound configuration. What would I want
to enter here.  Would I enter 220, 388 or 100 from the resources below.

                  "AD1816 audio I/O base",
                  0x530,
                  "usually 530");

Acer FX-3D resources:

IO Range 0220-022F
IO Range 0388-038B
IRQ 05
DMA 01
IO Range 0110-011F
DMA 03

>your card to work from the first time. Good odds of that.
>Now, about IRQ:. You can change the IRQ in the file. That would not matter
>much. Just make sure that you don't get a conflict. As it is right now,
>it's set to 5. Cat the /proc/interrupts and make sure you are not gonna
>make your sound card take irq from some other card. 5 is a very popular
>IRQ.

Thanks, will do it again and see what happens.

Doug Dine

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://members.xoom.com/dougdine
http://members.xoom.com/loveless