On 15-Mar-99 Patrick wrote:

> does someone has succeeded in mounting remote smb shares with automount ?
>
> i have a debian 2.1 with smbfsx and samba
> but when trying i have in my log only:
> automount[25275]: cannot find mount method for filesystem smbfs
>
> what am i missing ?
>
> thanks for your help.

The autofs that ships with Debian is missing the mount_smbfs.so library
file.  You will have to grab the Debian autofs source and compile it
yourself. I filed a bug against autofs(#31866) on this about 60 days
ago and haven't heard from the maintainer yet.

--
Brian
                                                           - unknown

Mechanical Engineering                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]