On Wed, 24 Mar 1999, David B. Teague wrote:

> > The importance of compilers was one reason I chose to license Linux
> > under the GNU Public License (GPL). The GPL was the license for the
> > GCC compiler. I think that all the other projects from the GNU group
> > are for Linux insignificant in comparison.

I think this statement is absolute truth.  Linux wouldn't exist without
GCC, but it certainly could without textutils or shellutils and suchlike.

> > the
> > Emacs editor is horrible, for example. While Linux is larger than
> > Emacs, at least Linux has the excuse that it needs to be.

> Emacs is a religion.  Some hate it, some love it.
> Few are neutral. I love Emacs.

> I respect those who use small editors and restart
> the editor for each compilation error.

Okay, so emacs is a religion, I can deal with that.  I use emacs the
editor quite a bit.  However, I can't get xemacs-20 to suspend with
CNTRL-Z on my computer so I either have to use multiple virtual terminals
or do everything under X.

Do you know what the problem is?
--
Jonathan Guthrie ([EMAIL PROTECTED])