Hello.

I cannot figure how to use the dhcpd client. Any tips ?

I'm using a box that shares W95 and Linux. I recently subscribed to an
Internet connexion through tv-wire. Technically, it means an Ethernet
card connected to a wire-modem, and using dhcp to get all the IP
address, gateway, dns server, etc ...

With W95 this works fine, so I can write down the IP configuration
retrieved by dhcp with W95.
Then, under linux, I can configure my Ethernet card with this config,
and I then get access to Internet, so it means the Ethernet card is
recognized by my linux.
However, at boot time, if I do an "ifconfig", only the loopback address
is shown and if I do an "ifconfig -a", the eth0 interface appears with
no IP address or configuration.

When installed with dselect, the dhcpd displays no error message.
I'm lost.

Thanks to all in advance.