On 03/29/99 at 13:39:10, Pierfrancesco Caci wrote concerning "Re: use the
Windowkeys":
> :-> "Per-Olof" == Per-Olof Widstrom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> If you intend to use it under X, try xkeycaps and then xmodmap.
>
> These are the definitions that I use on my setup:
>
> keycode 0x73 =        guillemotleft   guillemotright
> keycode 0x74 =        currency        cent
> keycode 0x75 =        copyright       registered
>
> I get the following charachters (I hope you can see them)
>
> Left Windows: « »
> Right Wind. : ¤ ¢
> Menu        : © ®
>
> If you find a way to do the same at the console, please tell me :-)

At the console, I use "loadkeys."  Here's an excerpt from the key
definition file I load:

keycode  58 = Caps_Lock
keycode  58 = Escape
        alt     keycode  58 = Caps_Lock

It's similar to xmodmap, as you can see.  There are keycodes for the
"Windowkeys" too, but I don't remember offhand what they are.

Jesse

--
Jesse Jacobsen, Pastor          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Grace Lutheran Church (ELS)     http://www.jvlnet.com/~jjacobsen/