I tried to config an Aztech soundcard on a hamm-system (kernel
2.0.34). In the first attempt I compiled the sound-support into the
kernel. During this process I had to guess many things because the
card is not in the list of supported cards and I don t have any
papers of the manufacturer. So I was very surprised and happy that it
worked at once, but then I had to realize that something is wrong.
When I started some programs to test the card I could see that in
some cases (playmidi, xblast) the system became very busy when I
closed these programs. In the case of xblast it is so extreme that
the soundcard doesn't work anymore after that.
So, I had a second try with isapnp to give the system a chance to
find out the best settings itself, but the problem is the same.
Does anybody know what I can do to find out the reason for this
problem?
The output of sndstat looks normal.

Thanks

Kurt