Bob Wilkinson wrote:

> [...]

Since Bob was just making a tongue-in-cheek grin, I'd normally smile and go on,
but the quote he includes seems like it might be an answer to the subject line,
"What do you lose with Linux?" I just wanted to make it clear that the quote
was a response to another idea brought up in the thread, and that I DO NOT in
any way feel like I have lost everything with Linux. In fact, I feel that I've
gained greatly; I haven't got all the nuances down yet, but the foundation is
there and I think Linux is far better than the kludge we call Windows.

And Bob, yes, there are other hobbies, such as eating out and sleeping and the
occassional shower/bath, and sometimes fantasizing about ham radio and
horseback riding and being with friends (noun - "other humans (not virtual
humans on a terminal window) that you enjoy spending time with"). One of these
days I plan to make a friend or two, but first I gotta download the new version
of Gnome and configure it.  :)