On Sat, 10 Apr 1999, virtanen wrote:
> in a dos-machine to make them smaller and 'unzip' them in the
> debian-machine?

Debian packages are already compressed, so you can't really make them
significantly smaller via compression.

> What about dividing deb-packages into smaller pieces? Which kind of
> software can handle this from a dos-machine into the debian-machine?

I think maybe pkzip can. I'm not sure though.

If you have another Unix computer, you can break files into chunks with
'split,' then reassemble them with 'cat'. Look at the man pages for those
utilities.

Another option is to write a CD on a friend's CD-writer, or borrow a Zip
drive.

Havoc