Sean wrote:

> Yeah, but lyx wants stuff like libc6 from potato and other essentials that
> will break
> a working slink dist.

I have lyx 1.0 on my slink system. Lyx has a dependency on libc6. Not the new
one, _any_
one. It won't upgrade you to the new libc6. (Well, I guess if you were running
bo it
would ;-)  ) All dependencies can be met with a slink system. If you don't want
any
other packages installed from unstable, just look up dependencies and install
them from
stable tree.