>This is odd. I used Cheapbytes' Debian 2.0 CD to >install Linux (later
>upgraded to slink via FTP) and everything worked quite >smoothly. I
>recommended them to a few friends. Have a lot of you >out there had
bad
>experiences with them?

I had some problems with the upgrade (from 1.3.1 to 2.0) script on the
cheapbytes cd which ended up with my  having to re-install 2.0 over
1.3.1.  I did not lose anything important thanks to a backup of
*EVERYTHING* before on my 4mm rdat.  Cheapbytes later posted the
corrected script on their web site....too late for me but kudoos to
them for their support.  I heard on the devel list that there was a
problem with the first cut of the cd image for slink and that a
corrected one was posted.  In this case LSL had their cd's available
first, so maybe they burned the hosed one!
===
Amateur Radio, when all else fails!

http://www.qsl.net/wa2mze

Debian Gnu Linux, Live Free or .....