MS Exchange won't accept this type of connection unless it is told to.  And
it won't route smtp unless really, really told to (I found a 2x4 to works
rather well).  As who ever is in charge of the mail system if exchange is
setup to handle pop3 (you can usually send mail to the level above, normally
mail.isp.???).  Enjoy.

--Dano