On Wed, 2003-01-08 at 10:54, Elijah wrote:
> I've had this problem in a while and I use my Canon 4310Sp to print some
> files in openoffice or abiword but it prints something weird:
>
> ---------------
> %!PS-Adobe-2.0
[...]
> and the command for my printer setup is commonly 'lpr'
> Is there an easy way to fix this?
>
> Elijah

It looks like cups is sending the postscript directly to your
(non-postscript) printer. Before you go any further, verify that you
have the cupsys-bsd package installed and not a different lpr.

Have you tried different drivers? Since you are using cups, the easiest
way to check/change your drivers is probably to point your browser at
http://localhost:631 go to "Manage Printers" Click "Modify Printer"
under your main printer (Do you have multiple printers set up? if so,
try deleting all but the one you actually want to use).

After you hit "Continue" on the printer name and port (I use an Epson
printer but just the normal LPT1, not the epson specific choice, not
sure of the difference) you can choose the manufacturer and model. I am
betting that will take care of you.

-Mark