Rod wrote:
  >i just recently installed debian 2.1 from a cd on a dual boot machine. the s
      >ystem config is:
  >
  >-AMD K6 400mhz
  >-64mb Ram
  >-13gb HD
  >
  >this machine also boots to Windows 98, which resides on a 3 GB partition.
  >
  >I was told that debian would "see" the entire hd, but cfdisk only "saw" a to
      >tal of 8 GB.

It depends on how your BIOS describes the disk. You need to tell it the
details printed on the disk case, which will be larger than the default
largest numbers.  This might need a BIOS upgrade.

I found that I got your problem when the LBA option was set in the BIOS.
When I specified the disk geometry instead, it worked.

--
Oliver Elphick                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
     "And Jesus answering said unto them, They that are