Q: How well are CD-RW-Writers supported?

A: You can write on CD-RW's exactly like on a CD-Recordable. X-CD-Roast
   does not handle these any differently. To erase a CD-RW you have to
call
   cdrecord manually (see the X-CD-Roast logfile where to find cdrecord
and
   what your scsi-device is).

    /usr/local/lib/xcdroast-0.96e/bin/cdrecord-1.6.1 dev=4,0 blank=fast
    (This will erase the CD-RW in the CD-Writer with the SCSI-ID 4)

Future versions of X-CD-Roast will provide a button to do this the
convenient way.

As seen on:

http://www.fh-muenchen.de/home/ze/rz/services/projects/
                                       xcdroast/e_overview.html