Hi all -

        I've got a LAN behind an IPMasq gateway, and want to share a printer
between all of my Debian machines. So, on machine 'spire' which has the
printer (set up and working as well), I've added the following line to
/etc/hosts.equiv (which is supposed to grant machine awac user aaron printer
spool access) as a test:

+ awac aaron

Note, the man page stressed that FQDN was important for security reasons,
but I trust everyone behind my firewall.

On machine awac, /etc/printcap looks as follows:

# REMOTE djet695c
  lp|dj|deskjet:\
          :sd=/var/spool/lpd/dj:\
          :rm=spire:\
          :rp=lp:\
          :lp=/dev/null:\
          :sh:

on machine spire it is as such:

lp|hpdj695c|HP Deskjet 695C:\
        :lp=/dev/lp0:sd=/var/spool/lpd/hpdj695c:\
        :sh:pw#80:pl#66:px#1440:mx#0:\
        :if=/etc/magicfilter/dj550c-filter:\
        :af=/var/log/lp-acct:lf=/var/log/lp-errs:

... and this was generated by magicfilterconfig.

On machine awac, whenever I attempt to invoke lpr I recieve:

 ...~$ lpr dpkg2-spec.tov
no connect permissions
job 'cfA939awac' transfer to [EMAIL PROTECTED] failed

Does anyone have any ideas?

--
..Aaron Van Couwenberghe... [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Berlin:                 http://www.berlin-consortium.org

There are three kinds of people: those who can count, and those who can't.