Thorsten Manegold wrote:

>  Hi,
> >
> > Can anyone tell me how can get Hylafax to work.
> > I use the following line:
> > sendfax -n -h '@@Host' -c -x '@@Enterprise' -d '@@Name'@'@@Phone'
> > '@@Fname'
> > I use Ksendfax as Gui.
> >
> > I've installed Hylafax-server and HylaFax-client, and i've run
> > faxaddmodem.
> > I get the following message inthe faxstat
> > Password.
> That is because the file hosts in /etc/hylafax (/var/spool/fax/etc
> links to that) contains a password field. If you don't want password
> checking for all users from the local mashine replace the line in
> hosts with: 127.0.0.1.
> Hylafax will then not ask for a password.
>
> This info can be gathered from the HylaFAX docu and the hosts man
> page although not as clear as I would like it.
>
> If this works I would be interested it HylaFAX otherwise works, since
> I still can't get ist to fax although it spools the jobs ok.
>

> > How can get i to Work ??????
> >
> > help !!!!!!
> >
> HTH
> Thorsten Manegold

  Mmmm, I don't think I can help you out.
127.0.0.1 works fine, I don't get password anymore in my faxstat.
But now I get the following message,  "/bin/bash: fax command not
found".
I think something went wrong with the installation of Hylafax, but I'am
not sure.
Are you familiar with this problem if so, how can I solve it ???
I've got only one response on my question about Hylafax.
That surprised me,  there must be more users  of Hylafax  out there who
can help us out.

HTH

Cuno Sonnemans

  • Hylafax Cuno Sonnemans