scratch wrote:

> IIRC, this message probably means that you have recently updated to a 2.2
> kernel. In this kernel, ifconfig sets it own routes, so there is no more
> need for a manual 'route add'. Check your init.d scripts, especially
> '/etc/init.d/network'.
>
> OTOH, I could be completely wrong here, and this message seems like the
> thing i described, but really isn't and you *are* trying to set a wrong
> route.

I get this message too. Last night I was searching the archives on dmesg
and this error message came up several times. From some of the postings,
it would seem that you're right. There was a fix--commenting out some
line or another. I forgot what exactly and I haven't gone back to take
another look. A search on SIOCADDRT would turn up those fixes though.

hth
--
                                         __   _
Mark Wagnon             Debian GNU/ -o) / /  (_)__  __ ____  __