Hi,

too funny! Right after I posted this I upgraded to exim 3.02. AFTER the upgrade
dselect gave me this message:

Important! Exim configuration file format has changed!
Your old configuration file has been renamed to /etc/exim.conf-pre-v3. An
automatic conversion script has been used to write a new /etc/exim.conf for you.

However, this does not fix everything, and you should check it is OK. Because a
wrongly configured mailer can cause serious problems, exim is now disabled! When
you want to re-enable it, you should do "eximconfig -i".

I now have serious problems. exim won't work with fetcmail (outgoing and local
mail works). If I had known this about the exim upgrade, I would have waited
and planned this upgrade.

This illustrates my earlier described problem perfectly! :)

On 25-Jun-99 Christian Dysthe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> one thing I would like to see is some kind of "warning" when a package that
> can
> be upgraded using dselect if the upgrade means the software needs to be
> majorly reconfigured after the upgrade.
>
> An example would be if for instance program-x could be upgraded and
> /etc/program-x.conf would have to be replaced with a new one with new syntax.
> I would like to know this *before* I did the upgrade since this could mean a
> lot
> of work.

Regards,
Christian Dysthe