On Fri, Jun 25, 1999 at 10:52:50AM -0700, Greg Baker wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Jun 1999, Andrew Holmes wrote:
> > I've looked through the man pages for splay and mpg123 but I can't find an
> > option to output the trackname information from an mp3 file.
>
> Have a look at the 'mp3info' package (which gives you the command
> 'mp3info'). That should do everything you need.  It can also set the
> title, artist, album, etc. for an mp3.
>
> Greg
>
> -----------
> "With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not
> necessarily a good idea."  --RFC-1925

Thanks Greg,

mp3info seems to be just what I need, now all I need is a way for the computer
to automatically recognise when someone has typed the artist wrong in the
header info :-) Is it Bryan Adams or Brian Adams? :-)

Thanks again!

--
Best Wishes,
Andy Holmes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

We are MicroSoft.  You will be assimilated.  Resistance is futile.
        -- Attributed to B.G., Gill Bates