> I was just poking around to see if anyone has gotten pbm2ppa working under
> debian.  i had it working under rh5.2 a while ago...

Yes, I have it working, but not it is on my home PC, which is
unconnected to the internet.  The author has developed it on debian as I
understood.  There is a mailing list for pbm2ppa (_very_ quiet compared
to this one), that recently had a short thread on pbm2ppa on debian.
Tim Norman posted a magic filter for use with pbm2ppa, see the archive
at
http://www.listbot.com/cgi-bin/view_archive?Act=view_archive&list_id=ppa.users

HTH,
Eric