%% Bob Nielsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

  bn> In Debian, the headers in /usr/include/linux and /usr/include/asm are
  bn> not symlinks to the kernel source, but are supplied by libc6-dev.  As
  bn> this is periodically upgraded, they may be based on newer kernels--the
  bn> current potato version comes from 2.2.9.

Uhmm...

  bn> What I did to compile the vmware modules is to mv /usr/lib/linux to some
  bn> other location and replace it with a symlink to the headers in my 2.2.10
  bn> kernel source.

That's what I did, too.  Didn't stop me, I was just curious.

  bn> You can probably use symlinks all the time, but you should read
  bn> /usr/doc/libc6-dev/FAQ.Debian.gz to understand the rationale as to
  bn> why the headers are packaged this way.

'Kay, I will when I get home.

PS. I must say, without have read the rationale, that this seems _very_
    drain bamaged to me (shipping the kernel headers with the libc
    package, I mean).  Maybe I will be enlighted by the FAQ :)

 Paul D. Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>         Network Management Development