FTI--  After three weeks of fruitlessly working with Debian 2.1, I have
come to this conclusion:  Debian is free because it's WORTHLESS!  It
won't drive your printer, it won't detect your modem, the documentation
is incomplete, out of date, or simply wrong, and the installation
procedure has more bugs than a Southeast Asian streetlight. Whatever the
advantages of a Linux-type OS may be, no one with a life has the hundreds
of hours obviously required to make this clunker run.
       Just my humble opinion. -- Max Albert