*- On 24 Jul, Helen Cook wrote about "problem with dselect/dpkg"

> When I run dselect, and try to install packages this is what happens:
> packages are downloaded correctly, it has trouble removing adbbs (but i
> think this is unrelated to my main later problem), it gives me the 'Some
> errors occured while unpacking...' message, i press enter to continue, and
> it spits back:
>
> /usr/lib/dpkg//methods/apt/install: /usr/bin/dpkg/: Not a directory
                                                   ^
                                                   ^
There was/is a typo in /usr/lib/dpkg/methods/apt/install.  You can edit
the file and remove the trailing slash(/) or try upgrading to a later
version of apt.  Install it manually with 'dpkg -i apt*.deb'

--
Brian
Mechanical Engineering                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]