On Sat, Aug 07, 1999 at 08:44:00PM +0200, Rudy Broersma wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I installed StarOffice from the RH 6.0 Application CD, I installed the RPM,
> but where did RedHat store the shit? And how do I launch it?

An interesting question for a Debian list.  I'll assume you installed it
with rpm into a Debian system (otherwise, there are better places to
ask).

You probably should have converted the .rpm to a .deb with alien, so
that dpkg could recognize it, but since you didn't, I believe you can
get a list of the files which were installed with 'rpm -ql packagename'.
This is similar to the Debian command 'dpkg -L packagename'.  This
command should show you the path as well as the names of the files.

Alternatively, you can find what files are in the .rpm package by using
'rpm -qpl packagename.rpm'.

You might consider removing the package and using alien to make a Debian
package and then install it with 'dpkg -i packagename.deb'.  This would
allow you to use the Debian tools instead of rpm.

As for launching the application, once you identify the location of the
executable, you can make a local menu entry, run 'update-menus' and have
it on the menu of your window manager.

Bob

--
Bob Nielsen                 Internet: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tucson, AZ                  AMPRnet:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]