On Fri, Aug 13, 1999 at 07:08:17PM -0700, Eric G . Miller wrote:
>   Couple days ago, I upgraded vim and started receiving the errors
> below. Last night, a new vim package was available, but the problem
> persisted.  Can anyone tell me where I can tell vim where it should look
> for it's syntax files?  Here's the error:
>
> "nothing.c" [New File]
> Error detected while processing Syntax Auto commands for "c":
> Can't open file /usr/share/vim/syntax/c.vim
> Press RETURN or enter command to continue
>
> The problem is the path should be /usr/share/vim/vim54/syntax/c.vim.

This means that the $VIM variable is set incorrectly. I don't know
where this is set, but you can probably work around it by doing
export $VIM=/usr/share/vim/vim54 in your .bashrc or something.
--
alisdair mcdiarmid                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[if you see some guy spit on me knock him on the side of the head]