On Wed, Aug 25, 1999 at 01:14:44AM +0100, Frankie Fisher wrote:
[snip snip]
> My other question still stands, does the fact that CD's and CD-players have
> a compact disc logo on mean that the hardware is patented and that sony gets
> lots of money for every CD sold?

[sig snip]

I heard sony does get a royalty for each and every cd and cd player sold.
But, I am not affiliated with sony, nor am I a patent lawyer. I undertstand
this is one reason why Sony is trying to bring their new audio technology to
light, something like SuperCD or some such -- so the royalties do not stop.

:)

--
Seth Arnold | ICQ 3172483 | http://cswww.willamette.edu/~sarnold/
I prosecute unsolicited bulk emails, using the RealTime BlackHole