Put the following in /etc/apt/sources.list (in addition to the normal
entries):

deb http://ftp.netgod.net/ x/

Run dselect/update, select the Xserver you need and let apt sort out the
rest.

Bob

On Thu, Sep 09, 1999 at 08:49:29AM -0500, David Kanter wrote:
> I need some advice on how to upgrade the XFree86 files that came with Slink.
> My problem is that I have a card (STB nVIDIA TNT, 16 Mb of RAM) not listed in
> the stable version, but listed in the unstable version of X. Newer versions
> of X that came with Ma
ndrake (in rpm format) work fine; but the older X files that came with Slink
don't.

> I need to use the svga server. Currently, if I use the svga server I get
> terrible resolution, around 320 X something, but if I use the vga server I
> can at least get vga resolution. So, I need to upgrade X.
>
> But that's where I'm confused. Which files must I upgrade? The Debian
> FAQ-O-MATIC says to upgrade: xbase, xlib6, xfntbase and the xservers that
> I'll use. However, these files each have different dependencies that make me
> wonder whether the above is a co
mplete list. Is it best to download all the X packages at
http://www.debian.org/~branden/ and then run dselect?