> i don't care if an app crashes, as long as it doesn't take anything else
> down with it. NT does it to me all thje time..doing normal things then
> BAM!  thats the kinda crash that REALLY pisses me off.

upgrade to glibc 2.1 and you will care.  it gets really bad.  just to
reiterate.  there is no unknown problem here.  if you are running a system
with libc5 or glibc 2.0 you are fine and won't have any problems with
netscape.  it is only when you upgrade to glibc 2.1 that you have problems.

unfortunately this will become a much wider problem as potato becomes
stable.

<mumble> ... i wish opera or mozilla were ready for prime time.