I am attempting to replace emacs-19.34 with emacs-20.3 on a Slink
system with the following steps:

1) Remove emacs19:  dpkg -r emacs19
   [leaving emacsen-common (1.4.8) installed]

2) Install emacs:  apt-get install emacs20

   Emacs installs but fails to configure with the following error
   message:

   Cannot open load file: debian-rundir
   emacs-install: /usr/lib/emacsen-common/packages/install/emacsen-common
emacs20 failed at /usr/lib/emacsen-common/emacs-install line 28.
   dpkg: error processing emacs20 (--configure):
   subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 29
   emacs20
   E: Sub-process returned an error code

Also attempted to install emacs20 with dpkg with similar results.
Could not find "debian-rundir" on disk or distribution CD.  Where do I
get "debian-rundir"?

Carl