*- On 17 Oct, jh wrote about "scrolls too fast"
> Hi. At the command line, how do I keep a message from scrolling so fast and
> missing it? Something like dos "/p"?

 <command> | less
or
 <command> | more
or
 <command> | most

less, more & most are all called pagers.  More is part of the base
system so it should already be on your system.  less and most are in
their own packages.  Read the man pages for all the options.

> Also, is there a keyboard combination that will re-enter the last command?
> Like dos F3?

Depends on your shell, usually it is either the up-arrow, ^P or !!. Read
the man page for you shell and look for the key word of history.  Most
shells you can stor a history of the past commands and recall them with
something like !5 for the 5th most recent command.

Brian Servis
Mechanical Engineering              |  Never criticize anybody until you
Purdue University                   |  have walked a mile in their shoes,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                   |  because by that time you will be a
http://www.ecn.purdue.edu/~servis   |  mile away and have their shoes.