check to see if there is anything in /etc/hosts.deny i think debian
defaults to denying everyone access (could be wrong)

then either add your ips to /etc/hosts.allow, comment out the
lines(reccomended) in hosts.deny (tweak it later) or rm hosts.deny

hosts.allow/deny easiest way to add your stuff:

ALL : 1.2.3.4 1.2.3.

where 1.2.3.4 would be a full IP and 1.2.3. would be a class C block of
addreses, this is different from firewalling where to do a class C you
would do 1.2.3.0.(i get the 2 confused a lot).

nate

      Linux System Administrator           http://www.firetrail.com/