Hi,

I've come into an old DEC Prioris HX590DP server which has an aha2940/2940W scsi card, scsi disks a scsi CD and a scsi tape.

Installing slink progresses to partiton a hrad disk, but when writing the partition table, cfdisk just sits there saying 'Writing partition table to disk...', and the machine cycles through resetting the disk, tape and CD time and time again.

Using fdisk came up with 'Calling IOCTL() tyo re-read partition table' (or something similar) and again just hung.

It is annoying that debian can't install/partition the SCSI and that no error messages are generated.

What's going on?

(I've resorted to installing RH (6.0 or 6.1) which seems to be coping OK (still indstalling...but got through the partition bit and now throwing packages on) ....hmmm).

Martin