We are running Potato on one of our servers. We did some updating of the
files yesterday (using dselect). We are now having some problems with
depmod putting the wrong time stamp on the /lib/modules/2.2.12/modules.dep
file when the machine is booting up and the /etc/init.d/modutils runs.

It will put out warnings on the screen that /etc/modules.conf is newer
than the /lib/modules/2.2.12/modules.dep file is. After the machine boots
up we can go in and see that the date on the
/lib/modules/2.2.12/modules.dep file is wrong.  We have checked both the
hardware and system clock and they look the same. We run the depmod
program once the computer is up and running and it puts the proper time
stamp on the file. It's like the system clock is way off during boot up.

Has anyone else run into this problem?

Thanks,

Ken Rea