On Sun, Nov 07, 1999 at 06:19:56PM -0800, aphro wrote:
> its best to avoid the video4linux drivers in the kernels, they are
> somewhat outdated.  try grabbing the latest bttv drivers from the homepage
>
> http://www.thp.uni-koeln.de/~rjkm/linux/bttv.html
>
> i use the latest driver with both a TNT and an Imagine 128S2 (XF86
> 3.3.3.5) on a hauppauge card(forgot which one, Wincast PCI ?? maybe) and
> it works perfectly on both xawtv and kwintv(i prefer kwintv) under

That might be the problem, I missunderstood some of the README, and the
v4l-conf is still here.

I'm gonna try kwintv too ;)

> afterstep and kernel 2.2.10.  never had the freeze you are referring
> to. It may be a hardware issue..anything show up in the logs during that
> freeze ? some kind of errors maybe ..

The entries seems normal in all .log, except in message.x, I've got some
-- MARK -- lines; don't know what that is.

Thanks Nate
JY
--
Jean-Yves F. Barbier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 An engineer is someone who does list processing in FORTRAN.