> I have some strange files. Do they have to exist in /usr/bin?
> ss1:/usr/bin$ ls -l | more
> total 9010
> -rwxr-xr-x   2 root     root        20720 Dec 24  1998 [

the 'test' program, widely used in shell scripts

> -rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root       107956 Feb 24  1999 a2p

awk -> perl translator

> lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root            4 Nov 16 03:44 aaaa -> host

does the same thing as the program 'host'

> -rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root        14416 Feb 24  1999 ab

apache benchmark

> Or, does it mean that this system has been cracked?

Nope.

> Or am I just being paranoid?

You're just being paranoid.  I have all those files too, and my server
has, most definitely, been cracked.

Phil Brutsche                                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

universe. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein