> yeah its slink.. id advise burning the cd in linux, or in unix at least

        I can't do that, I have to use a box that runs on Win95.

> j.l.go >download a version of potato (the official CD would be a slink based
> thing,
> dont know if u can d/l an iso of potato..as for slink you get main and
> contrib i believe.

        I had a look at YACS, but this seems to be a Linux only application
(not that I condemn it!!) if I'm not too mistaken. So my question really is:
is there a *simple* way to burn the potato CDs from a Win9x machine? Or does
it make more sense to just burn slink, install that and then upgrade?

        Thanks,
        Jose
--
Jose L Gomez Dans                       PhD student
                                        Radar & Communications Group