rename /sbin/portmap

if your using slink most likely portmap is started from the netbase script
in /etc/init.d

nate

On Tue, 30 Nov 1999, Nuno Emanuel F. Carvalho wrote:

nemanu >Hi,
nemanu >
nemanu > Using strobe I can check that i'm using the sunrpc service:
nemanu >
nemanu >sunrpc             111/tcp portmapper    # RPC 4.0 portmapper TCP
nemanu >
nemanu > I don't need it and don't know how to remove it!
nemanu > I already commented all the lines referring to it on /etc/inetd.conf
nemanu >and even also removed all daemons.
nemanu >
nemanu > Meanwhile it is still working - I didn't forgot to do: killall -HUP
inetd
nemanu >
nemanu > Is there any idea to remove such service from my machine ?
nemanu >
nemanu > Thanks.
nemanu > Best regards,
nemanu >   Nuno Carvalho
nemanu >
nemanu >P.S: PLEASE, reply to me since I'm not subscribed on this mailing list.
nemanu >
nemanu >
nemanu >--
nemanu >Unsubscribe?  mail -s unsubscribe [EMAIL PROTECTED] < /dev/null
nemanu >