I have not been able to get my printer to print. I
spent an hour on Saturday with a local Linux Users
Group, and none of them had any familiarity with
Debian. They were able to get the program to run, but
the best they could do was to get the word "hi" to
print once. Any other output was returned as
smattering of single characters spread across the top
of the page. I am running an HP Laserjet Series II and
have not been able to fix this problem in the 2 years
that I have been running Debian. Not to rub salt in
here, but I was able to make it work in Red Hat 5.2. I
like Debian and would like to make it my OS of choice.

Does anybody have experience in making this problem go
away?